Friday, June 6, 2008

1st tooth 1st haircut

I was at my parents home yesterday and one of Rex's favorite things to do is head straight for the dog food. He thinks it is a game who can get there first. So I went to get him away from it and I checked his mouth to see if any had made it in for eating and I found it. Rex finally has gotten his first tooth. It has just barley come through the gum but it is there. I was so excited. Who would have thought I could get that excited about a tooth. He loves to eat and can eat just about anything I give him but now he will really be able to. I made Steve take a picture even though you couldn't see it. Hey we tried right?


I have given Rex a little haircut before but yesterday was the day for his first real haircut. Clippers and all. He sat so still for the clippers. I think he was scared that he didn't dare move. He held on to Rachael so tight. But cutting the top was a different story. He wanted me to hold him, try to keep his head still and straight and cut. It turned out just fine. He sure looks grown up. I tried to get some pictures and he was not very happy about it. He was ready for bed and would not smile.

3 comments:

Suzanna said...

I don't blame you for getting excited over a tooth. All those little milestones are exciting! Abby still hasn't had a haircut yet... we just haven't felt right about it yet! Maybe someday though.

Anonymous said...

I like the way Rex is looking at you in the picture with your finger in his mouth. He's got cute expressions. He is getting big!

Beth said...

It was good to see you the other day, it kills me that we really hadn't seen each other in person in like 5 years! Crazy! Anyways, Rex is a doll! I don't know how you managed to cut his hair while holding him! That's impressive!