Monday, May 5, 2008

Finally home

It was so nice to finally sleep in our own beds. We have been staying at my parents home while they were out of town and I have forgotten how much I love my own bed and sheets. I just got a new pair of sheets that are to die for. I could lay in them all day. When we left our house it was clean. Its crazy how fast it can be turned into a disaster. Steve never unpacks his bags. I say I wont do it for him but after having his bag around for a week I usually cave- but not this time.
We went over to my parents house for dinner last night. I swear it seems like we have been there way to much. Steve played with Rex on the trampoline. He loved it. When Steve jumps with him instead of just jumping a little you have to put the 6'8" on top of what they jump. Needless to say Rex was going high. My parents put in a sand box but we haven't let Rex play in that yet. I am interested to see how he likes it but I am not ready to have sand everywhere.
Rex looks just like Steve. When he was born he was a spitting image of him. He has changed so much since we have had him but he still looks just like daddy. He wants to be just like him when he grows up. Hat and all.

Rex has started to pull himself up on things. It is getting hard to sit on the ground and play with him because he just wants to crawl up you until he is standing. He is doing pretty good but sometimes he forgets that he needs to hold on and when he falls it scares him.

We were sitting outside on the patio chairs when he started to slip. He was not letting go of that chair. He had a death grip on it. It was pretty funny. He is getting so big and changing more every day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That picture of Steve and Rex is so funny! They do look exactly alike. I don't blame you for being happy your home. It's always nice to get back to your own house.

Suzanna said...

Ryan never unpacks his things either... if I wasn't so OCD I'd just let it slide but I totally end up doing it all the time. Oh well- I guess we can give them a break sometime, right? Call me... I want to go play this week with the kids!