Sunday, May 18, 2008

The end to a long week

About one minute into Monday morning Rex woke up not feeling well. He had a high fever and just wanted me to hold him. He was up most of the night and when he did sleep it was only for about an hour at a time. All day Monday I held Rex. He didn't want to play, sleep, eat, just sit with me. Steve had a concert that night that he had really been wanting to go to. He didn't get home until 2 and Rex had screamed the whole night. The next day I took him to the Doctor and he has a throat infection. They tested him for strep but Iguess kids under age 2 rarely get strep. It was viral which meant there was nothing they could do for him. I hate knowing that your baby is sick and you cant to anything for him. It has been such a long week. I haven't slept in days. Rex is finally starting to feel better. Last night he only got up once, Yeah for Rex! I hope tonight he can sleep through the night.

He had felt so crummy so when he wanted to crawl around and play I would let play with whatever he wanted. His favorite things to play with is the DVDs, Blu-rays and CDs, Steve's guitar hero stuff, and Steve's PS3 stuff. I let him play away. He loved it and it kept him happy for a little bit at least.

The bath always makes him feel better. He had a nice bubble bath and daddy played with him while I was doing laundry. When I finished, this is what I found. Santa Clause came to our house early. He looked so cute I had to get a picture. He has been standing up in the bath tub and he thinks he is so big. After a million times of making him sit down it is time to get out. The little things seem like so much work. He has gotten SO busy. Who has that much energy?

It wasn't just a hard week for me as a mom, my niece Isabelle broke her leg. They had to cast it. She broke it right below her knee so they had to put the cast all the way from her toes up to her thigh. It is so sad. She hasn't been able to walk on it, they told her to stay off it until Monday. She is scooting herself around pretty good. Even though she has been in pain she looks cute with his hot pink cast on her leg.


Today was such a nice day outside. We took Rex up the canyon and walked around. He had a lot of fun. We went to Bridal Veil Falls to let him play in the water. He wasn't huge on that idea. I tried to put his toes in and it only took him once to see that the water was cold and he didn't want to do that again. We laid out a blanket and just let him play. He is so funny because he hates the feel of the grass. He will crawl all over the blanket but as soon as he can feel the grass he will back up. If I put him on the grass to sit he will hold his legs and hands up so he doesn't have to feel it. It is nice because I can confine him to one spot. That doesn't seem to happen much any more.

We headed over to Rachael's for dinner. After we were done we went outside for a little basketball. Rex had a death grip on the rim. It was so funny but by the time I got my camera out he had let go.
After working up a sweat it was time for dessert. Rex seemed to enjoy it. He had chocolate all over him. He was getting so much pleasure out of a chocolate brownie. I am so glad that he is feeling better. He is starting to get his appetite back, even if it is only for chocolate. Whatever makes him happy.


Sorry this was such a long post. I havent had any time to do anything let alone blog. Lets hope this week goes better.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That little cast is so sad! How did she break her leg? Sorry to hear Rex hasn't been feeling very well, that's hard on you guys too. Poor little guy.

The pictures of Rex are so cute, I love the one of him in the tub. That's funny that he hates grass. Ethan's little nephew is that way with water. He just hates it! Have a good week!

Suzanna said...

Poor Isabelle! At least she has a bright pink cast. How long will she have to wear it?

Who doesn't feel instantly better with a chocolate brownie around? It looks like he's feeling better so we DEFINITELY need to take the kids out this week. It would do us some good to get out for awhile. What's your week like?

Elisa said...

Steve, there's a long story about me not getting to the cure concert early enough to see 6daysofstatic. My brother and I really wanted to and had planned on it, but there was this thing with a GPS, a wrong address and my brother driving. I heard they were awesome though and want to hear their stuff. You like it I guessing?

Unknown said...

Natalie is not feeling well and it makes for such a long day! It's hard to keep busy when you are holding them the whole time. Poor little things. And poor us!

Anonymous said...

Steph your little guy is so cute, I saw your blog on jessicas. I havent seen you in forever, also why my hair is like 3 feet long, Im glad you guys are doing well keep in touch

Matt and Jessica Stevenson said...

Your little boy is so cute(even when he is sick:(
It seems like my little girl always gets sick and i hate it. Your family looks like they are doing well besides a broken leg and a viral infection. Well i love your blog (this is jessica bankhead from yesteryears)