Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Lots of Firsts

Rex loves to eat. The past few days he hasn't wanted anything to do with food. I have tried every baby food, yogurt, noodles, anything I could think of. He has had no interest. I think he must be getting a tooth. We have been saying this for a while now but that is the only logical explanation we can think of for him not to want to eat. So tonight I made mashed potatoes and stuffing and we had our little Rex back. I normally don't like when he gets dirty. My sisters make fun of me and say I wont let him enjoy any food cause he will mess his outfit up. Tonight I let him dig in. He didn't really like to get it all over his hands so I gave him a spoon and he did surprisingly well. As soon as he was done it was off for his bath. I was just sitting here watching him and the next thing I knew he had pulled himself all the way up. He has been able to get on his knees by himself but not on his feet. I was so shocked. We made a big deal about it so he wouldn't stay down. He knew he would get a lot of attention if he stood so I would sit him down and in a matter of seconds he was back on his feet.

Rex has been scooting around and turning in circles for a few months now but hasn't been able to go forwards. It was so crazy I had put his jammies on and he was off. He was going from one side of the living room to the other. I almost started crying. I know it sounds stupid but he can't be big enough to crawl! He is still my little baby.
My dad keeps teasing him that Bailey, his dog, knows more tricks than Rex. So we taught him "So Big". He does it and waits for us to clap for him then he does it again. Oh course he would put his hands down as soon as I would take the picture. Hes just full of new tricks today.






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw Steve at Macys last night and he was so excited that Rex was crawling! How fun to watch them experience new things. What a cute boy!

Suzanna said...

They do grow up too fast! I can hardly believe my little Abby is almost two. Just take lots of pictures and get him on video doing all his tricks!

Anonymous said...

How fun! It seems like they do grow up too fast..hmmm looks like it's time for another, just kidding. He is so stinkin cute, a little version of Steve.