Monday, April 21, 2008

Finally a vacation

I do it to myself; Rex finally started sleeping through the night and we decided to go on a little vacation. We went to Park City for the week. It was so nice to get away, even though Rex slept horrible. Steve had to work so he came up and down all week. We stayed at the Marroitt condos so we had a room and Rachael and Shane and their kids had a room. Rex loved being with the kids all week.
It was Rex's first time swimming. We did more sitting in the hot tub but he seemed to like that too. Here are some cute pictures of Rex in his swiming suit.

Rex normally just sits in his high chair or on the floor and plays with his toys while I get ready for the day. Izzy decided to play with him so I could get ready. He was sitting in the laundy basket and she thought she would pull him around in it. Izzy is really small for her age, her and Rex are within 5 pounds of each other. She pulled with all her might to move him around the room. He thought it was so fun. He just sat there and laughed while she struggled to move him.

The days were really nice and warm and at night it would get pretty cold. This is me and Rex enjoying the sun. (I took the picture myself in case you couldn't tell)
Steve had to work that day so by the time he had gotten there it had turned cold. Rex was ready for bed but Steve just wanted to sit around and play with his boy. Rex loves playing with his bugs.
My parents had given us the week for helping them move. I guess all the hard work was worth it. Thanks Mom and Dad for the fun trip!

4 comments:

Suzanna said...

Vacation... what's that like? It looks like such a fun trip and I love Rex's swimming suit. He's such a cute boy!

Anonymous said...

Love the little board shorts with the rash guard..too cute! I bet it was so nice to get away.The first weekend of May Russ and I are going to New Mexico for a few days, it will be our first vaca in awhile. Thanks for your kind words on our blog, I miss friends...good friends!

Kami said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time! I can't believe how big Rex is getting. I LOVE his blonde hair. Did you get those swimsuits from my house? I haven't been home for awhile... We do need to hang out soon. I work all Saturday this week and next weekend I'm going out of town. Let's get together soon though. I really miss you too.

Elisa said...

I agree with Suzanna, What's a vacation?? I don't think Rex could get any cuter, he's just got a lovable face on him!