Thursday, January 31, 2008

6 months

Rex had his 6 month check up with his Doctor on Tuesday and it seems that our baby is slowing down on the growth charts. It seems he has lost a pound since December. He now weighs 16.28 pounds and is 27.25 inches. He has grown almost an inch. His weight puts him in the 26%- last time he was in the 66%- and his height is in the 77%-last time being in the 93%. They had to give him his shots and he has been so sad. I often wonder if it is really worth it. The Doctor now cleared him to eat real food. So he was excited about that.

The first time that I gave him a cookie he wasnt to into it. But we were at my sister Rachaels house the other day and we thought we would try it again and he loved it. (Rachael only has girl bibs so I took some boy ones over for her so Rex could use them while we were there and I have gotten so much crap for it. He is a boy, he should look like a boy even if he is a messy boy) Its pretty nice that when I need to get something done I just have to hand him a cookie and he will stay busy for a few minutes.



This morning at 3 oclock I was rocking Rex thinking how blessed I was. Our lives have changed so much from last year to this year. What a great change to have in our lives. I couldn't imagine not getting up all night with him or having everything I do in a day revolve around him. He has filled a void I never even knew exsisted in me. I love him so much and am so thankful he came to our home.

No comments: