Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Our not so romantic night.


Steve had a day off after working 8 straight days so we thought it would be fun to stay home, make a nice dinner and have some family time. I made homemade spaghetti sauce and meatballs. Steve and Rex watched basketball and played while I cooked.

When I cook it seems like every dish that we own is used. The first mistake was that the dishwasher was full of dirty dishes when I started cooking. We started the dishwasher thinking when dinner was over we could put away the clean and reload the dishwasher with the dirty. In our house we have the rule that whoever cooks the other cleans it up. Steve was pleasantly surprised to find out that the dishwasher wasn't working.



















After a long hour of him washing, me drying and only 1 broken glass we had worked up a craving for a little snack. Burnt almond fudge ice cream was screaming our names. Neither of us could think of cleaning another dish so I had the perfect solution.
2 plastic spoons and eating right out of the carton. A perfect ending to a not so perfect night.

4 comments:

Cal and Whit said...

Ha ha, so fun! Sounds like a great night after all. You two know how to turn things around! I loved the darling pics of Rex. Such a cutie.

Kev and Aubs said...

Hey there. It was fun to hear from you on our blog. I am glad you found us, so I peeked at yours. Looks like you guys both wrapped around that little Rex. I say ice cream can fix most anything!

Anonymous said...

Hope you don't mind I peaked at your adorable family! Congrats on the new addition, he is such a CUTIE!! Sounds like things are going great for you guys, wish you guys all the best. Happy Holidays!

Anonymous said...

Hey Steph...just wondering if you still do hair, I am desperatly in need of a stylist, mine moved to St. George. let me know.