Monday, December 10, 2007

One bad day

Sunday was not what we would call a great day. Steve has been working a ton of hours and I have been a little on overload. I had taken Rex to church and he didn't want to be there. He cried almost the entire time we were there. Finally after fighting with him through Sacrament meeting, Sunday school, and half of Relief Society--I had had it. I loaded him up to come home. It had snowed the night before and was still snowing that morning. I was pulling into our parking stall when my car slid hitting the pole. My heart sank being that I have driven a 1990 Geo Metro through high school, a 1998 Honda Civic up until about 6 months ago and never been in an accident or even scratched them. Now Steve had bought me a 2007 Nissan Pathfinder and I had hit a pole. I couldn't believe it. Finally a new car with no scratches, dents, windows that worked, doors that closed and I hit a pole? I thought Steve would kill me. He was so sweet about it, he even brought me 2 dozen roses. There has got to be an easier and less costly way to get flowers.

2 comments:

ty and megs said...

as i was reading this i thought you were going to say that you were still driving the geo for high school!! :) that would be awesome! sorry about the little dent-a-roo. that really stinks. i guess that is one of the nice things about the ghetto car i drive. if i hit something, i don't even check for damage!

Suzanna said...

Steph-
I'm so sorry about your car! That's always the worst, especially when you've got a fussy baby on top of that. I hope you're having a better week now. See you tomorrow!