Friday, October 17, 2008

So many fun activities

This week being UEA, Alison and her boys were able to come down. My mom had every second planned out with fun activities. It started at 10:00 Thursday morning with crafts crafts crafts. She had the cutest Frankensteins for the adults- including Kadrie to paint, we made cupcakes that we decorated like bats, and painted Styrofoam balls that we made into spiders. They were so cute. Rex had to go down for his nap but they rest of the kids went and picked apples at a friends home. The kids have so much fun playing together. My parents home was destroyed but my Mom loves it.

Lucky for Steve, he just so happened to have the day off today. He got up with Rex this morning and let me sleep it. I slept until 10:00 when Rachael called me and woke me up, how rude. Steve had gotten breakfast for us and we laid around as long as we could. We all met at my Moms for lunch and then we were off to Vineyard for the festivities. I had never been before but they had quite a bit of stuff for the kids to do and it was cheap. They have a corn maze, animals, tunnels to crawl though, big blow up slides, and a big playground. We even managed to get my Dad to take off work and come with us.


When we were finished we were off to decorate pumpkins. We didn't really want to carve them because they are so much work so we painted instead. It was fun to see how every kid did theirs so differently.


Thanks Mom for such a fun few days. Rex had so much fun.

4 comments:

Suzanna said...

Halloween is the best... there are so many fun things to do. I love how all the pumpkins turned out. Those are cute.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had a fun time. What a cool Grandma you have!

Holbrook's Blog said...

Hey Steph,

That was crazy seeing your comment. Your little guy sure is cute. I have been meaning to get together for lunch with you and Marchelle or something. I ran into Teresa at the gym. It has been great to see old friends. Mara

Anonymous said...

Steph-
You are right, we really need to get together again. I was a total lame-o and didn't plan the BBQ at my house. Things just got crazy when school started, but December would be a great month for me when I'm out of school for Christmas. We really need to plan it this time! Your pics are way cute! Rex is getting big.

Erin