Friday, July 25, 2008

Happy Birthday Rex!

I cant believe that one year ago today we were anxiously awaiting our sweet baby. I was overwhelmed, scared and excited all at the same time. It was a crazy thing to have no control over my emotions- I blame that on the drugs and no sleep for 36 hrs. But at the end of the day we had our baby boy.



Steve had school tonight so we are doing his party tomorrow. He was able to open one present from Grandma Monique which kept him busy. It was a Winnie the Pooh train. It sings and has a ton of little buttons to keep him busy.I still wanted him to have a fun day so I took him to Chuck E Cheese with Rachael's kids. He loves riding the rides with Isabelle.After we were done, Shane's office put on a firework show. They had tons of treats and Rex knows Rachael always shares so he bolted straight to her.

He got chocolate all over his shirt!

I hope he had a fun day and will have an even more fun day tomorrow. We are so thankful to have our sweet baby. How sad my life would be without him. I cant believe how much he has changed and am looking forward to the next year.

4 comments:

Suzanna said...

What a sweet boy! It is crazy to believe he's already one... he's growing up fast. We hope he has a happy birthday!

Elisa said...

oh my goodness, one year goes by so fast huh! And so much happens! happy birthday rex!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Rex! It doesn't seem like he should be a year yet. It went way fast. Glad you guys had a fun day!

Cal and Whit said...

Happy Birthday to your little boy. He is growing up so fast!