Thursday, March 27, 2008

Vacation time

Steve had a few days of vacation time that he had to use or he was going to lose it. He took it this week and it seems like we didn't even leave the house for the past few days. Tuesday I did hair so Steve had Rex. They went and ran errands to pass the time. They went to Costco and when they came to pick me up my boys had brought me flowers. They are very springish.

Wednesday I got the bug to go through and organize my house. Since we have had Rex it seems like it is so hard to keep everything where it should be. With Steve home he entertained Rex while I cleaned and went through closets and de-junked. We are definitely outgrowing our condo way to fast. Steve buys CDs and DVDs like crazy. He now has to re buy all the DVDs we have on Blu-ray. Like we have room for that. So I made him go through and de-junk. Rex thought that was pretty funny playing with CDs. He is going to be just like his dad.


Rex has recently found a keen interest in Steve's hat. He likes to play with it and suck on the brim. We thought it would be a good idea to let him sport one of his own, and like usual, we have to document the entire process with the camera so everybody can see. He hadn't quite made it out of his jammies.






While cleaning out Rex's closet we found even more toys.


Steve was playing with Rex. I have no idea what they were doing.


He sat in the hallway for at least 15 minutes just playing with his train. He loves the music and flashing lights on his toys.

Tonight Steve's district manager took us to Tuscany. We have wanted to go there for a long time and sadly we were disappointed. The food was just okay. The desserts were better than the meals. It was nice to get out for the night. We need more vacation days like these.

4 comments:

ty and megs said...

hooray! i love any toy that will keep a baby entertained for 15 mis! it is amazing what i have come to realize i can accomplish in 15 min increments. :)

Suzanna said...

I love his hat! He looks so stinkin' cute in that picture with his big smile. What a cute boy!

Anonymous said...

He's such a cutie! I love the feeling of a clean house with no junk, it is my plan for this weekend since the weather is supposed to be bad. I am glad that you guys got to spend some time together since it seems like Steve is really busy these days.

Elisa said...

I love vacation days that are spent organizing the house! I feel like I get so much done when Matt is home! If you need anyone to take all those poor non-blueray DVDs I'm sure I could find someone... :) We'll live in the dark ages for awhile.